Turning on a light, cooling down a fridge or switching on your TV are such common everyday tasks. So much so, we rarely ever think about what must happen in order to generate the power to these appliances in our homes.
A power outlet, or powerpoint, is a socket that connects an electrical device to an electricity supply and is essential in the distribution of electricity throughout your home.
In Australia, the standard powerpoint is Type I, with 230V voltage and a standard frequency of 50Hz.
It is no secret that these days, sufficient access to electricity is a must! Many people find their homes do not have enough powerpoints to power all of the appliances required on a day-to-day basis and wonder if there is anything that can be done. Metropolitan Electrical Contractors is expert in this field with 25 years’ experience and can offer a range of powerpoint installation options.
Our electricians can:
- Upgrade single power points to double power points
- Add new power points to suit a home design change
- Carry out cosmetic upgrades to existing power points
- Install power points with additional ports such as USB connections
To ensure your family’s safety, regular service and testing should be carried out to all power outlets in your home. Our qualified electricians are experts in their field and will work to ensure small fixes don’t turn into larger problems in the future.
Whilst we all know prevention is better than a cure, sometimes overuse or electrical faults can cause a faulty switch or socket. If you experience any of the following, it could be indicative of a faulty socket and should be inspected:
- If you have no power when connecting an appliance
- There is heat coming from electrical sockets or wiring
- Strange noises such as a buzzing or humming coming from electrical sockets or wiring
- Sparks that appear from your socket
Metropolitan Electrical Contractors can often offer same-day service, and in some cases can be at your door within the hour*. If cost is a worry, ask one of our friendly staff members about our $0 deposit, interest free payment plans**. If you’re interested in finding out more, contact us now!